Realizing sustainable corporate and social development through contributions to our stakeholders
Taking a CSR viewpoint, we totally revised our Corporate Action Guidelines, formulated in 2002, and established the “Mitsui Chemicals Group Action Guidelines” on February 8, 2006.
CSR of the Mitsui Chemicals Group
Although the term CSR actually stands for “corporate social responsibility,” we have added the concept of “social contribution” to CSR. The Mitsui Chemicals Group aims at contribution to society not only by volunteer activities, monetary donations and the like, which represent social contribution in the narrower sense, but also “social contribution” through our business activities as advocated in our corporate vision, for all stakeholders.
Mitsui Chemicals Group Action Guidelines
Every officer and employee of the Mitsui Chemicals Group will act in accordance with the following action guidelines to enhance the sustainable development of society and company by making contributions to each of our stakeholders.
Our stakeholders : customers, suppliers, shareholders/investors, local communities, academia/chemical industry, government, employees/labor market, global environment
We will always act in good faith
- Compliance with the laws and regulations
- We will give priority to compliance with laws and regulations over any pursuit of profit.
- We will live up to our conscience with honest words and actions.
- Non-tolerance of discrimination
- We will not tolerate discrimination against gender, race, nationality, age, religion and disabilities.
- Justice and fairness
- We will strictly observe the fair competition and trade.
- We will promptly report and provide precise information without distinguishing between the favorable or unfavorable information.
We will have a high regard for people and society.
- Safety first
- We will act with a mind-set focused on safety-first policy above all.
- Contribution to the global environment
- We will conduct R & D, manufacturing and sale of products that will contribute to the protection of the global environment.
- Customer satisfaction
- We will promptly provide high-quality products and services by accurately grasping customer needs.
- Contribution to communities
- We will contribute to the development of local communities as members of those communities.
- Health enhancement
- We will be mindful of enhancing our health and making our workplaces vibrant.
- Respect for diversity
- We will have mutual respect for the diversity of personalities, individualities and views.
We will aim for the “Dream-Inspiring Innovation”.
- Challenging spirit
- We will unflinchingly challenge with full trust in our potential without fear of failure.
- We will create novel values by enhancing our sensitivity.
- Workplace-oriented approach
- We will always consider and act proactively based on the actual data and facts at workplace.
- We will aim to be world-class professionals with a global view.
- Technology dissemination
- We will cultivate the next generation by passing on our experiences and technologies.
- We will integrate individual strength into the organization through active communication.
Scheme of the Action Guidelines and Individual Policies