Mitsui Chemicals Announces New Responsible Care Policy
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
Mitsui Chemicals Inc. (Tokyo:4183; President & CEO: Tsutomu Tannowa) announced its new “Responsible Care Policy”. The new policy revises and replaces the Group’s “Basic Policy Regarding the Environment, Safety, Occupational Health, and Quality”.
The newly announced policy reflects the Group’s strong commitment to safety. Following the explosion and fire at the Group’s Iwakuni-Ohtake Works in 2012 , the Group renewed its pledge in which “safety is a top priority”. The current policy is in line with the ideals of the Responsible Care Global Charter, which was revised in 2014 and signed by the Group’s CEO Tsutomu Tannowa, and clarifies Mitsui Chemicals’ strong will to contribute to the sustainable development of society.
Note: Responsible Care is the global chemical industry’s unifying commitment to the safe management of chemicals throughout their life cycle, while promoting their role in improving quality of life and contributing to sustainable development. (from the Responsible Care Global Charter)
Mitsui Chemicals Responsible Care Policy
The Mitsui Chemicals Group, based on its corporate mission and action guidelines, acknowledges its business challenge is not only to comply with laws and regulations of the countries in which it does business, but to continuously contribute to the improvement of safety, health, the environment, and quality, for the sustainable development of society. We will expand our business focus while continuing to improve and maintain good communication with all our stakeholders and business partners.
- We pledge safety is our top priority and focus on achieving zero accidents and occupational injuries.
- We make efforts to assess risks of our products throughout their lifecycles to ensure the health and safety of all persons and to protect the environment by reducing their environmental impact.
- We contribute to improving quality of life and protecting the environment through our business activities by developing beneficial technology and products.
- We provide high quality products and services that satisfy customer needs and respond to the trust that they place in us.
- We actively promote the well-being of all our employees.
The Mitsui Chemicals Group will actively promote Responsible Care activities in line with the new policy.