High-index plastic lenses
- Basic information
Premium optical lenses with high refractive index, high Abbe number, low specific gravity, and high impact resistance are made by polymerizing MR™ Series monomers. MR™ Series is especially suitable for ophthalmic lenses and known as the first thiourethane based high index lens material. MR™ Series offers various products to provide the best solution for optical lens wearers.
MR™ Series Features
MR™ Series clear resins obtained by heat-polymerization have the following features:
HIGH REFRACTIVE INDEX
- Suitable for thinner & lighter lenses
SUPERB OPTICAL QUALITY
- Both high refractive index and high Abbe number give optical performance similar to glass lenses
- Glass mold-casted MR™ Series shows minimal stress-strain
- Good impact and static load resistance contribute to ophthalmic lens wearer eye safety
DURABILITY & WEATHERABILITY
- Good weatherability for minimal change in lens color after years of use
- Good compatibility with various coating materials
PREMIUM OPHTHALMIC & SUNGLASS APPLICATIONS
- Good mechanical strength for fashionable rim-less frames
- Good color tintability for high fashion sunglasses which have special color needs
- Suitable for various lens applications including photochromic & polarized lenses
Comparison of MR™ Series and low-Index lens thickness
|Heat Distortion Temp. (℃)||118||85||100||78|
*Physical properties of clear resins obtained by heat-polymerization of MR™ Series.
*All properties are representative measurement figures obtained under specified test methods at Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. and are not guaranteed as specifications.